Voiceover Scout Terms and Conditions 2020
These terms and conditions relate to your application to participate in a voiceover talent search competition called Voiceover Scout for the chance to break into the voiceover industry with a professional showreel and the support of a leading agent. The rules of the competition and instructions for entry are explained on www.voiceoverscout.com.
The promoter of this competition is The Bourne Consultancy Limited, a company incorporated in England and Wales with company number 09266718, and its registered office at Lock Farm, Foxham, Chippenham, Wiltshire, England, SN15 4NL (“The Bourne Consultancy”, “we”, “us”, “our”).
- You are not eligible to apply to enter this competition if you are an employee or a close relation of an employee of any of the judges or The Bourne Consultancy. You are also not eligible to apply if you have ever worked professionally as a voiceover artist in the entertainment industry.
- Entrants to Voiceover Scout must be aged 18 or over and you must have the right to live and work in the UK. You must be able to demonstrate that you have this right on our request at any time.
- If you are selected as the winner and you wish to claim the prize of representation by a voiceover agent, you agree and undertake to enter into further contracts with the agent and you agree to abide by the terms of those contracts. If you choose not to enter into contracts with the agent then you will forfeit the prize and we shall be entitled to select an alternative winner.
- The prize carries no cash value, is non-transferable and may not be substituted by the winner.
- Applications can be made online at voiceoverscout.com from [insert time] GMT on 18 November 2020 until 12am GMT on 13th December 2020. Entries received outside this time period will not be accepted.
- To enter, submit your application via our website at voiceoverscout.com.
- The winning entry will be the entry that the judges consider to have the best potential for a career as a voiceover artist (the “Winning Criteria”).
- All content that you submitted must adhere strictly to the following content guidelines (the “Content Guidelines”) for the competition:
- The content must feature your voice and your voice alone.
- The content must be in the English language.
- The content must not infringe the rights of, or be defamatory or libellous about, any person.
- The content must not contain any background music which is not your participant own original creation.
- The content must be suitable for a person of any age to hear and must fully comply with the law and all regulations.
- The content must not contain or display any words, images or sounds which are considered, in our sole discretion, to be offensive, sexually explicit, rude, disparaging or otherwise inappropriate.
- The content must comply with any further content guidelines provided by us in relation to the competition.
- It is important that participants do not include or reveal any personal information (e.g. contact details etc) in any content.
- Entries containing any Content that does not comply with the Content Guidelines will not be entered into the competition and the associated submission will be deemed invalid.
- Entries that are incomplete or damaged will be deemed invalid. We accept no responsibility for lost, delayed or damaged data which occurs during any communication or transmission of data.
- We reserve the right in our absolute discretion to disqualify entries which we consider do not comply with these terms and conditions or any participant who it reasonably believes has interfered with the fair running of this competition.
- We shall have the right, where necessary, to undertake all such action as is reasonable to protect The Bourne Consultancy against fraudulent or invalid claims including, without limitation, to require further verification as to the identity, age, and other relevant details of a participant.
- Entries must be made by you personally, and must not be made through agents or third parties.
- All personal details and/or information given in your application either via the Voiceover Scout website or otherwise must be truthful, accurate and in no way misleading.
- Once your entry has been uploaded it will be listened to by a team from The Bourne Consultancy and a shortlist [of insert number] of entries will be selected by The Bourne Consultancy. At the end of the competition period, the shortlisted entries will then go to the judges who will make a final selection [of insert number] of entries. The final selection entrants will then be invited to London for a recording session before the ultimate winner is selected by the judges in their discretion.
- The winner will be notified by The Bourne Consultancy and announced in or around January 2021. You will only be notified if you are the winner of the competition. Details of the winner, including their name and entry, will be published on the www.voiceoverscout.com.
- Unsuccessful applicants will not be contacted and no communications will be entered into. The judges’ decisions are final.
Use of entries / content by The Bourne Consultancy
- The winner may be required to take part in promotional activity related to the competition. You grant us the right to use of your name, image, biography, entry content, interviews and photographs of you in all media (including on social media) for the purposes of promoting the competition and The Bourne Consultancy and you waive all moral rights you have in the content submitted by you to the maximum amount permitted by law.
- We reserve the right to edit the winner’s biography and entry content as appropriate for inclusion in any publicity we may publish about the competition.
Use of your personal data
- We take your privacy very seriously. The only information that we will collect about you when you submit your initial application is your name, email address and any personal data that may be included in your entry submission. If you are shortlisted you may be asked to provide additional information (such as your mailing address and phone number) in order for us to make arrangements for you to attend the recording session.
- We will only use your personal data for the purposes of administering the competition. If we are required to pass your personal details to a third party for the purposes of administering the competition, the third party will only be permitted to use your details for this purpose.
- More information about how we will collect and use your personal information is explained in The Bourne Consultancy’s privacy notice, a copy of which is available here or by emailing [insert email address].
- If you have any questions regarding our use of your personal information or if you would like to update your information because your details have changed, please send an email to [insert email address], or contact us by post at [insert address].
- We cannot guarantee there will be a winner and we reserve the right at any time to cancel, suspend, modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this competition with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its control (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud) or where it becomes necessary to do so.
- We do not accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or any other problem with any online applications, system, server, provider or otherwise which may result in any messages or applications not being properly received or recorded.
- We reserve the right to disqualify you if you have supplied untruthful, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information or if you have failed to abide by the rules of the and/or you are in breach of these terms and conditions.
- We shall not be liable for any interruption to this competition that are due to any factors that are outside our reasonable control.
- We reserve the right, acting reasonably and in accordance with all relevant legislation and codes of practice, to change the rules and the terms and conditions of this competition.
- By entering the competition, you agree to release us from any liability whatsoever for any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the competition or with the acceptance, possession, attendance at or use of any prize (except death or personal injury caused by our negligence, for fraud, or otherwise as prohibited by law).
- You agree that you will not disclose, publish or discuss with any third party any information relating to this competition or your entry without our prior written consent except to the extent that that information is already in the public domain.
- These terms and conditions shall be construed in accordance with English law. The courts of England and Wales shall have the sole jurisdiction in relation to any dispute arising under these rules and terms and conditions or in connection with the competition.